Earn a Certificate
in Lean Six Sigma
ONLINE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Distinguish Yourself With a Certification in Lean Six Sigma
Earning a Certificate in Lean Six Sigma from Villanova University may help enhance career prospects by teaching you how to combine the waste-fighting measures of Lean with the variation and defect-reducing techniques of Six Sigma, making your company’s operations more effective and efficient.
Upon successful completion of Six Sigma courses, students are qualified to enroll in certification exams administered 100% online by Villanova University. Earning a certification reflects competency in the concepts and applications of Six Sigma and helps reinforce the value of the certified professional to their organization.
Students in the program will be taught all aspects of Lean Six Sigma, including:
- An overview of the methodology
- The eight wastes in Lean
- How to create and manage project teams
- The philosophy of continuous improvement
- How to identify customer needs and requirements and increase value to the customer
- The many practical Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to implement the methodology
Villanova University's Online Certificate in Lean Six Sigma
Successfully complete three courses (Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma Green Belt and one elective) and you will earn your Certificate in Lean Six Sigma. This program is ideal for professionals in virtually any industry, who currently manage projects or who aspire to assist or lead process improvement initiatives. Position yourself to become a Lean Six Sigma expert and certified practitioner who can help improve your company’s bottom line by making products and services faster and more efficient.
Students will be taught to:
- Use proven Lean Six Sigma problem-solving methods and statistical tools
- Discover processes for collecting and analyzing data
- Assist Lean and Six Sigma implementation
- Improve profits by reducing inefficiencies
- Lead a project using DMAIC methodology
- Increase productivity from fewer resources
- Lead and coach quality improvement initiatives
Multi-course Certificate Tuition: $6,059 – $7,819
Six Sigma Green Belt
The eight-week Six Sigma Green Belt course helps develop professionals who can understand, interpret and apply the core concepts of Six Sigma. This course is designed for individuals who want a more active role on Six Sigma project teams, as well as mid to upper-level managers who need skills to implement cost reductions and improve organizational capability.
What you will learn:
- The history of Six Sigma
- Tools for Each Phase of DMAIC
- How to Define Scope
- Project Charters
- DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) methodology
After your successful completion of a simulated project and course exams, you will be eligible to take Villanova’s 100% online Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (CSSGB) exam.
Individual Course Tuition: $2,495
Lean Six Sigma (Lean Sensei)
Lean differs from Six Sigma in some fundamental ways. Where Six Sigma focuses on reducing errors, Lean has an emphasis on cutting waste. There are eight wastes that Lean focuses on: defects, excess processing, overproduction, waiting, inventory, transportation, unneeded motion and non-utilized talent.
The Lean Six Sigma eight-week course focuses on leadership, optimization and design, and the knowledge gained may help students to move into new roles. You’ll learn:
- Lean Overview
- Kaizen & Kaizen Events
- Value and Value Stream Mapping
- Lean Deployment
Upon successful completion of the Lean Six Sigma course, students are eligible to take the Lean Sensei Certification (CLSSS) exam administered 100% online by Villanova University.
Individual Course Tuition: $2,295
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt elective course is offered for knowledgeable practitioners who have passed Villanova’s Lean Six Sigma and Six Sigma Green Belt courses¹. The 16-week course is ideal for those who are ready to dive deeper into the application of Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques and mentor Green Belts in their organization.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Design for Six Sigma
- Creating a Six Sigma Culture
- Organizational Deployment
- Advanced Facilitation Techniques
- Decision Making Approaches and Tools
- Pitfalls to Avoid in Implementing Six Sigma
- Critical Tools for Each Phase of DMAIC Methodology
Upon successful completion of the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course and simulated project, students are eligible to take Villanova’s 100% online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (CLSSBB) exam.
Individual Course Tuition: $4,095
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Master Black Belt students will be taught how to master the interpersonal and professional skills needed to mentor Black Belt leaders and efficiently develop Lean Six Sigma within an organization.
What you will learn:
- Developing and deploying quality plans
- Tools for data and financial measuring
- Enterprise-wide deployment project tools
- Project implementation and execution tactics
- Tools for inferential statistics including modeling and process control
- Interpersonal and professional skill development to support efforts
This 12-week course also includes a required, simulated project that integrates critical topics into every phase of Six Sigma and helps prepare you to immediately apply these advanced concepts in your organization.
Students who successfully complete the Master Black Belt course and class project are eligible to take the Master Black Belt Certification (CLSSMBB) exam², offered 100% online through Villanova, at no extra cost.
Individual Course Tuition: $3,495
Villanova University is Committed to Helping You Achieve your Goals
CERTIFICATE PAYMENT OPTIONS
Payment types include: interest-free payment options, deferred corporate tuition assistance, 15% military savings benefits and Sallie Mae Smart Option Loans (upon verification of required qualifications).
- Employee Benefits – Your employer may cover some (or all) of the costs for education through tuition assistance programs. Ask your human resources department, or supervisor, to determine what educational benefits your company may provide.
- Flexible Payment Plans – For your convenience, Villanova offers interest-free payment plans to help you work within your budget. Fill out the form above for more information.
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan – Sallie Mae offers a flexible, credit-based loan product, to those who qualify. For more information on the Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan®, contact Sallie Mae at 855-756-5626 or visit salliemae.com.
- Military Benefits – You may be able to use your Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits for Villanova’s 100% online professional education programs. Villanova’s College of Professional Studies offers a 15% savings on select non-credit certificate courses to active-duty servicemembers, veterans, Guardsmen, Reservists and their spouses and dependents (upon verification of military status)³.